The pic above is of a Redwork Flapper Lady hand stitched on Calico. I have decided that I am going to do more Redwork squares, and incorporate them in a patchwork quilt cover for a duvet.This will be an ongoing project which I will show pics of from time to time. The Flapper lady only took two evenings between watching TV, so I should be able to get quite a few done in a month.
I must share with you for those of you who like doing redwork my new source of finding pictures to stitch. Although you may already do the same!! I went on some of the card stamping sites yesterday, and found a lot of the blocks which the card stampers use, are ideal outlines for stitching. The pictures can easily enlarged for stitching, and then you can trace over the design either with greaseproof paper, or using a lightbox. You can then transfer the pattern after using a Sulky transfer pen.
These flowers were getting a bit beaten down by the wind and the rain yesterday, so I thought I would bring a few indoors to brighten things up a bit. The lilies have come out slightly lighter than they really are. Their proper colour is a dark crimson. I snipped the stamens off as they make such a mess when they drop their pollen, and actually it stains whatever the pollen lands on, and you have a terrible job trying to get the stain off.
Just a little warning: if you have cats, pollen from lillies is highly poisonous to them.
The Iris which are with the lillies in the vase, are most unusual, as they have an almost chocolate beard to their petals. They are an early Dutch variety.
The two delightful miniature pictures below, are a couple of the things which I found for sale at the weekend. We went on our adventures of trying to find a bargain again between the showers.